Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Where has the Time Gone?

Okay, so it's been forever since I've updated my blog. 
Never fear I have not disappeared from the face of the world.  I am still here!

Over the past couple of months (well since about January), my family has been very busy.  Between working, sickness, housework, cooking, and kids my husband and I have been stretched to the max.  Here’s a little run down of what’s been going on.

January:
The month flew by, between taking down Christmas decorations, and a houseful of sickies not much really happened.  Jean and Charlie both got sick, and so did Bill.  I luckily stayed healthy, but didn’t have much time to do anything other than take care of the sickies!  On the digital scrapbooking front I was asked in January to join “Seatrout Scraps” Creative Team (CT) as a guest (January-March).  

February:
More sickness in the house.  Bill was still sick (on and off) we think he had the flu.  It was my turn to get sick, not sure what I came down with, but I did learn that a human can sleep for nearly 24 hours at one time.  We had a wonderful Valentine’s Day, the kids each made Bill and I beautiful Valentine’s Day cards.  Oh, and Bill got me 2 new charms for my Pandora bracelet.  One was a glass bead that is blue with flowers; the second was a green glass bead with shamrocks on it.  He didn’t realize it at the time but they are the colors of Jean and Charlie’s birthstones (it was so sweet).

March:
I guess this brings us to March!  This was a busy, however fun month!  In the beginning of the month I was out of town for work for a week.  This left Bill (now healthy) to fend for himself with the kids; he did a great job (like always)!  Later on in the month Jean’s daycare class had a field trip to the Circus!  I took the day off of work and joined in on the fun.  Jean had a blast in the tent with the petting farm and loved seeing elephants (in person) for the 1st time.  She petted the goats, camels, and even a Kangaroo!  March also brought with it St. Patrick’s Day.  The kids dressed up in their green to visit friend of ours (Kris and Tina) for a fun afternoon.  While there we discovered Jean loves playing the drums, our friends son has a small drum set that Jean just fell in love with.  As if we haven’t done enough in March Bill took me up to Traverse City for a weekend to get away.  My parents (thank you guys so much) watched the kids while we were gone.  The kids loved spending time with Grandma and Grandpa!  Finally to round out the month we had Easter.  We visited Bill’s parents with the kids the day before Easter.  Here Jean helped Grandma Guertin make “Bubble Bread” (Recipe to be posted in the next blog entry).  She was such a good helper, and after naps the kids dyed Easter Eggs.  Once again we had 1 egg casualty, and so the tradition of breaking an egg continues.  Easter Sunday was spent with my family, and after a trip to the ER for my dad (thank God he is okay and was able to re-join the party) the kids opened their Easter baskets and had an Egg Hunt.  Also on the side of digital scrapbooking I was asked to re-join “Seatrout Scraps” Creative Team (CT) as a guest for another 3 months! 

Okay so I know where are all the pictures????  All this stuff going on and I haven’t posted a single scrapbook page or picture or anything.  I can promise you they are coming.  I haven’t had a chance to download my photos until just a week ago!  I will be posting a couple of new scrapbooking pages with UPDATED photos of my kids very shortly (maybe Friday)!!!  I have a few pages I created with the templates from my CT for Seatrout Scraps, but I have to wait until the templates are out in stores on Friday to post them.

Unit next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment