Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pick of the Patch

October is nearly halfway over with, where has the time gone?  Like most weekends my family had a lot going on.  First off it was the weekend Bill and I had planned to go out for our joint birthday dinner, we also had some house cleaning to do, a toilet to install, dinners to cook, and last but not least pumpkins to pick.

Saturday morning the family loaded into the family-mobile and headed up towards Romeo to pick that very special Halloween pumpkin (or two).  While the rain was not falling when we left the house that wasn't the case by the time we arrive at our destination.  Plan A was to actually go out in a pumpkin patch to pick our Halloween pumpkins, Plan B (and what we ultimately did) was to find somewhere that had pumpkins inside.  Luckily we found a nice little produce stand that had a greenhouse complete with pumpkins, gourds, and bails of hay.  Another positive to going out to get pumpkins on a cold rainy day was there weren't many other people out, so we basically had the place to ourselves.

This was Charlie's first year looking for his very own pumpkin, last year he was just too little to go out. He was all smiles as he walked around the giant pumpkins that were bigger than him.  Jean found some pint sized pumpkins that she thought were neat, we took 3 of those home with us.  At the end of the outing we had picked our perfect pumpkins, and now we are looking forward to carving them.

Here is a scrapbook page layout I created for our pumpkin outing.  I used Twin Mom Scraps "Hooty Owl" Page Kit and Armina Designs Double Page Set 15 as my template.  There was a woman at the greenhouse who was sweet enough to ask if we wanted a family picture, I was so happy to see how well the family photo turned out, (even if Jean wasn't looking).  I think it was the perfect photo!

Twin Mom Scraps "Hooty Owl" Kit
Armina Designs Double Page Set 15 Template
 The next few weeks look to be pretty busy ones for my family.  Next week I go to D.C. for a few days for meetings, then the following week I'm in PA for a couple of days, and finally I round out the end of the month going to Kalkaska for a few days.  In between trips for work I get to go on a girls only weekend with my mom and sister, then there is a Halloween Parade in Williamston, we need to find time to carve our pumpkins and of course there is Halloween!!  I can't believe we can fit so much into only a two and a half week time span.  Lucky for my my husband is wonderful with the kids when I'm away, and we have everything scheduled out on the calendar.

Until Next Time....

No comments:

Post a Comment