Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer Memories

Sigh.... Summer is officially over.  With the start of September Fall is just around the corner.  It's now very dark when I wake up in the morning to get ready for work, and it's getting dark by 8:30 in the evening.  Unlike last summer (when I was on bed rest) I had the chance to spend a lot of time outdoors with my children, it was great.  I loved every moment of it.  I have a few favorite moments and was lucky enough to catch them on film (um.... well... digital film that is).  Here are a couple of the summer memories that will last forever.  The first I have scraped before, but it was so precious I had to scrap it for a second time.  It is with Jean and her cousin sharing an ice cream cone.  It was sweet how Jean would take a lick and then hold it out for her cousin to take a lick.  The second layout is of Jean and one of her favorite summertime activities, blowing bubbles.  Just the other day in the check out line at Kroger's she saw a bottle of bubbles and said "bubble" as she pointed in that direction.

Using "Remembered" by Simply You Simply Me Designs



Using "Blowing Bubbles" by Karen Diamond Designs
So this leads me to my question, do you have a favorite summertime memory?  It doesn't have to be from this summer.  If you have one please feel free to share I'd love to hear it.

Now with the summer over it's time to think of important Fall like things, what am I going to dress my kids as for Halloween and what am I going to bring to Thanksgiving dinner!!!!

For all my scrapbooking friends out there if you like either page layout I created and want to take a closer look at the kits here are the links to the stores.

Remembered page kit by Simply You Simply Me:
http://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=SYSM-CP-1208-20492

Blowing Bubbles page kit by Karen Diamond Designs:
http://www.scraps-n-pieces.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=23&zenid=aac67c20bc7a2813107e7b646af61e22

Both of these page kits are brand new, just released!!!!!  I love them both!!!

Coming up for my family this week is a very special event.  I blogged not too long ago about my son and how I can't believe he is almost 1 year old.  Well that special 1st birthday is on Friday!!!!  We celebrated with my family up north this past weekend, he loved his cake, and opening his gifts.  I have photos and am looking for the right kit to scrap his special birthday.

Until Next Time...




2 comments:

  1. I like your blog, its very neat and clean, and nice posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, what a beautiful blog you have. It's beautifully lay-ed and easy to find. Your scrap pages is just gorgeous. I am Sonja from Scrapbook Flair. I just saw and noticed some one new commented on my latest page on Scrapbook Flair and I just had to look lol! I certainly will come back again to take a thoroughly look. Thank you so very much for your beautiful comment and vote. Have a wonderful day and take the best of care. Best regards, Sonja.

    ReplyDelete