Monday, September 17, 2012

Charlie is 1


It's official Charlie is now 1, (well he's been 1 for about a week now).  He was so adorable eating his first birthday cake.  He was very tentative about digging into his cake, but he seemed to like it.  I finally finished the scrapbook pages I made of his 1st birthday.  What do you think of them?  (Page layouts were created using Sahlin Studio's Football Page kit, and snippets, found at http://www.the-lilypad.com/store/product.php?productid=6303&cat=0&page=1)





With the arrival of Charlie's birthday also brings the arrival of Fall.  With the Fall comes some of my favorite things.  First off Halloween is just around the corner, I already bought my kids their costumes, they are going to Minnie and Mickey Mouse!  They are going to look so cute!  Along with Halloween and trick or treating comes PUMPKINS.  Yet another fun family outing that I am looking forward to.  And finally Fall means comfort food, yummy!!!  

On the topic of comfort food, I made my favorite Fall casserole last night for dinner, it was sooooo good!!!!  I got the receipt several years ago,  but I don't remember where I got it from.  If you are looking for a fast and filling family meal for this Fall time season try this Sausage and Broccoli casserole.

Here's what you need:

10 ounces of cooked chopped broccoli (about 2 cups)
1 lb of bulk Italian sausage (I use mild sausage)
5 oz of seasoned salad croutons (about 3 cups)
2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (10 3/4 oz) of condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
1-1/3 cups of mild
2.8 oz can of french-fried onions

Cook sausage until meat is no longer pink, (drain fat)
Combine Cooked sausage, cooked broccoli, cheddar cheese and croutons & transfer into a 2 quart greased baking dish.
In a separate bowl combine eggs, soup and milk & pour over sausage mixture.
Bake uncovered in a 375 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes.
Sprinkle with french-fried onions, and bake an additional 3-5 minutes.


Pictures Taken By ME!!! YUMMY


Not only is this a good meal, but it is also a budget friendly meal.  This makes 6-8 servings, and when I buy everything on sale I can make this family friendly meal for less than $2.00 per severing.  Yes that is right less than $2.00 a serving!!!  Now that's a great meal!!!

Keep checking back here for new fall friendly receipts, I think I'm going to make a sausage stuffed acorn squash in the next couple of weeks.  

Until Next Time....

No comments:

Post a Comment