Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ready for Vacation

Wow I am so ready for vacation.  Although it has snuck up on me way too quickly.  While I am packed and pretty much ready to go I still don't feel prepared.  Maybe it's because the "Change Oil" light just popped up on my new mini-van and I get to go get the oil changed first thing in the morning before I leave, (I only have 3500 miles on the van, the sales man at the dealership told me it would be at least 5,000 miles before I would need an oil change, what gives????)

While I prepared for my vacation, aside from packing and shopping and more packing (with 2 kids there is a lot to pack), I started to look through some older pictures from the cottage.  It is amazing how much has changed over the past five years.  Over the past 5 years I have gotten married, and had two kids, if that isn't a big change I really don't know what is.  The one thing that has not changed is how relaxing it feels when I go to the cottage.  Even with the kids running around all I have to do is look out the large bay window in the kitchen and see the lake.  It's something about the water, the beach, the view of the light house that makes everything seem peaceful.  The cottage is truly one of the few places I can go to where I am almost completely disconnected from the real world, (no internet).  

This is a page I have digitally scraped the other night when I was thinking about my upcoming vacation.  Now I'm really ready to go!!  This page was created using "Escape" a collaboration kit between "Simply You Simply Me Designs" and "Dancing Princess Designs".  


Enjoy the page!  I'll update this blog again when I return in a week.  Hope everyone has a great week!!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Okay, no you have me wishing I was going there with you! lol. It sounds so relaxing! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete