Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back to Reality

Wow what a vacation!!!! I had so much fun playing with my little ones.  I think they really enjoyed the time up north. I took so many pictures of the kids playing on the beach, in the lake and in the woods.  It’s going to take me forever to get them downloaded and sorted out, but it will be well worth it to have captured some priceless memories.  I can’t wait to see how some of the pictures turn out!!! 
 I know that Jean loved spending time with her older cousins Ella and Katie; in fact all she could talk about when we got home was Ella and Katie.  She had a ton of fun playing with Jonathan as well.  The two of them were quite a pair going “Chipmunk hunting” and collecting rocks!!!  They even held hand when we going on a walk one day, it was absolutely precious. 
Charlie enjoyed the time he spent up north as well.  We got him out in the lake, (he was all smiles).  He got to sink his toes in the sand as he watched his sister and cousins play.  He even got to try out his 1st real solid food, graham crackers, yum yum!!!
While on the topic of solid food I was able to get some cooking done last week as well.  I was in charge of dinner for Thursday night and made pulled pork sandwiches using the slow cooker!!!  It was a great meal, quick and easy.  It’s a meal I make at home a lot, it tastes great and normally there are leftovers!  Here’s the recipe in case anyone would like to try it out.
·         1 – 3-4 lb pork butt
·         1 tsp Cumin
·         1 tsp Salt
·         1 tsp Pepper
·         1 tsp Paprika
·         ½ tsp ground red pepper
·         1 large onion thinly sliced
·         1 large green pepper cut into strips
·         1 – Bottle of your fav. BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
·         ½ cup of brown sugar
Lay sliced onions and green pepper on the bottom of the crockpot.  Combine cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, and ground red pepper in small bowl (this is the rub for the pork).  Take mixture and rub it evenly on the pork butt.  Place pork (fat side up) in the crockpot on top of the onions and green peppers.  Combine BBQ sauce and brown sugar and pour over the pork butt.
Cook in the slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours (will easily pull apart when finished)
Serve in hamburger buns with coleslaw!!!
Eat and Enjoy
I also got the chance to do some catching up with my digital scrapbooking!!! I worked on some layouts for my CT position at Simply You Simply Me Designs.  I also found out that I was accepted to be a CT for Karen Diamond Designs (KDD).  Both designers are great and I am looking forward to using their awesome kits to create new layouts for my personal scrapbook album.   
Below are just a couple of layouts I completed while on vacation.  I hope you like them.  I was just trying to have some fun with the emblishments and colors.  Let me know what you think.

Using "Hope" Simply You Simply Me Designs



Using "Escape" from Simply You Simply Me Designs & Dancing Princess Designs


I will defiantly add some pages from this vacation when I have them done, hopefully within a week or so.  I wanted to make sure I kept this blog up-to-date and didn’t want to wait too long to add an entry about my awesome vacation.
As for the week ahead, it looks to be busy but manageable!!  Charlie is scheduled for minor surgery on Thursday to have tubes put in his ears; hopefully this will help with his ear infections.  Oh and my husband now has to take our truck to a collision shop to get fixed after he was rear ended coming home from work the other night.  Thank God no one was hurt and our truck while injured wasn’t too bad off.  I guess that’s a huge plus for driving a full size truck, when as small Chrysler 200 rear ends you they normally will take the brunt of the damage, which according to my husband the Chrysler 200 had some major damage and had to be hulled away on a flatbed trailer.  Like I said thank God no one was hurt.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment