Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What a busy week

Wow what a busy week!  It’s going to take me a good long time to catch up.  Last week I had to leave my babies for a few days while I went out of town to work.  I missed them so much.  I wish I can just take them with me when I go.  Although I will have to admit that my out of town work trip was timed perfectly (and no I didn’t have a say in the timing).  I had to go to Kalkaska Michigan the same time my family vacationed in Bellaire Michigan (only about 30 minutes away).  It was hard to go into work knowing my family was going to be out on the lake, but I did have fun after work hanging out with everyone.  I would like to give a special shout out to my aunt who fed me dinner all week, thank you Aunt Geri!
I finally made it home to see my babies on Thursday afternoon.  I picked them up from daycare; Jean was so excited to see me.  All she wanted to do when we got back home was to cuddle with me on the couch, it was so sweet.  Thursday was also a special day for my husband; Bill started his new job at Nissan.  It’s been so busy that we haven’t had a chance to go out and celebrate, (hopefully soon).   Friday seemed to come and go so quickly. 
Although a busy day Friday was a great day for me.  I’ve been dabbling with digital scrapbooking since I went back to work after having Charlie.  While I love documenting my kids’ lives through pictures I just never really did have the time (after Jean was born) to work on a lot of paper scrapbooking layouts, that’s when I decided to start working with digital scrapbooking.  I found a great program (MyMemories) and was able to start working on my kids scrapbooks right away, (even with the limited time I have).  ANYWAYS… the designers of the “page kits” I purchase occasionally have CT calls.  CT (creative team) members promote the designers newest page kits by creating layouts with them and posting them on their blogs and in scrapbooking galleries.  Well… I answered a CT Call recently, and honestly I was expecting a polite “thank you for applying, but I’m looking for someone with more experience” type response, but instead I was given the thumbs up! 

I am so excited now to be on “Simply You Simply Me Designs” Creative Team.  I love her work and am so excited to share with you my first 2 layouts I created with her newest kit.  The photo’s I used were in both pages are of Jean and Charlie; Charlie when he was born (literally only moments after he was born) and Jean on the beach at St. Joseph Island in Canada (May of 2011).  I thought they were the most fitting photos to use for this very beautiful kit “A new Start”.  The warm colors make it a perfect kit to use if you are looking to add a little vintage to your album, or if you are looking to create a calm serene beach page, or even as I have scraped (below) a page for your new little one.   I’ve had the page kit since Friday afternoon and finished the layouts over the weekend.  I’ve been just itching for the kit to be officially released so I could show you what I have created.  Feel free to leave comments and let me know what you think.  If you like the kit and what to purchase it check out Simply You Simply Me Designs on her website at
http://simplyyousimplyme.com/ or check her out on Facebook at Simply You Simply Me Designs.  I have a couple more layouts I am going to start working on using some of her other kits and will post them here for everyone to see (I’ll try to use more updated photos if I can, but remember I am still playing catch up and I still have some ‘baby’ photos left to scrapbook).
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer as much as I am.  I will be on vacation next week; I am so much looking forward to that.  I hope that I’ll have some time to scrapbook, take photos and of course sleep.  With vacation means I will not be able to post anything to my blog or Facebook.  I will have to take a vacation from the internet as there is no connection at the cottage.  I’ll be sure to add a post when I get back home, and of course I’ll have a ton of pictures to post of the kids!
Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. Kids have such an amazing way of making you melt with a simple smile when you see them again. Such a sweet post!
    And I'm so happy to have you on my team! I love your pages and can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete